You can't quite plan it like that. It just happens.
Yesterday, there was no school because of Report Card Pickup, so we planned accordingly. Everything fell into place, and here's the rundown of my son's perfect day.
Helping me with my Blog Project (more to come soon!)
- Got to sleep in until around 7 (he's normally up at 6 am, as school starts at 7:30 am)
- Then he got to play video games until about 8:30
- I made him his favorite breakfast (pancakes and a cereal bar and strawberries)
- After that, he helped me with a blog project/household project. He got to use my video camera to help me document stuff for my blog. He also got to pretend to be a superhero, and fight off the evil Toilet Fill Valve of Doom.
- We got dressed and went to Report card pickup, where he got straight A's.
Straight A's for the bear!
- After that we went to the Post Office to get his passport taken care of so that we can go on a wild European adventure this summer.
- We then went to his friend's house in preparation to going to our first Cubs game of the year.
- It was a little cold, so his friend gave him a jacket that was too small, and is now his to keep!
- At the game, he got to eat his favorite meal (chicken nuggets)
- At the game, we hung out with his friend for a while, and then also saw his cousin, and her boyfriend, who had great seats behind the dugout. The boyfriend is kind of a kid rockstar. While we were visiting them there, an opposing player gave my son a game ball!
- It was getting too cold, and the Cubs were losing 4-2, so we left the game in the sixth inning and got a donut on the way back to his friend's house.
At the Cubs-Brewers game with his friend.
- At his friend's house, the friend realized that they'd bought some extra Skylander games at a flea market that they already had and he generously gave them to my son.
- We left the friend's house to purportedly get a special treat for having straight A's. What my son didn't know is that we had tickets for the opening night of Aladdin. The Cubs were still losing.
We arrived at Aladdin. He had no idea!
- We had dinner at Roti, and my son got to eat his favorite Pita.
We planned some of this, but not all. Some of it just happened. It wasn't until it was almost over that I realized that he had a nearly perfect day, and got to do just about everything he loves to do in one day. I mentioned it to him and he agreed.
- Our seats were in the dress circle, so were EXCELLENT!
- The show was phenomenal (Look for a review coming soon!)
- At the intermission, he got M and Ms.
- At the end of the show, we took the subway home, where a very nice lady let him watch the end of the Dodgers/Rockies game on her phone. (I allowed it)
- While we were on the El home, we discovered that the Cubs scored 4 in the ninth inning to come back and win the game!
- When we got home, his mom was waiting for him to give him a big hug and kiss and ask about the show.
What's in your perfect day?