Marrying two great Ninja ideas into one, Lego has created The LEGO® NINJAGO™ Quest2NINJAGO™ WU-CRU Team Challenge. a highly visual and interactive obstacle course competition. This event will happen this Saturday and Sunday, July 23 and 24.
|All photos and images on this page courtesy of LEGO website.|
The basketball sized competition course, anchored by large-scale LEGO brick models of two popular NINJAGO characters, invites children ages 7-12 in teams of two to compete in eight timed physical and mental challenges.
• Element Tumbler Puzzle: crack the code by solving four color pattern challenges
• Kai’s Laser Maze: use physical agility to navigate a tangled web of laser rays
• Jay’s Lightning Maze: guide a wand through a maze without touching the “lightning”
• Mystery Tile Puzzle: correctly place tiles on the board to reveal a secret image
• Madness Mountain: roll “boulders” down a mock mountain to knock out all the enemies
• Lloyd’s Ninja Build: use LEGO bricks to recreate a ninja sculpture
• Cole’s Table Maze: tilt the table to guide a ball through the maze
• Unlock the Chest: find the three pieces to create the key that unlocks the treasure
The top team from Chicago will be sent on an all-inclusive trip to LEGOLAND® California Resort to compete in the Finale, along with winners from other regional competitions, including places like Austin, Charlotte, Boston, and Los Angeles.
Some of the city competitions have already happened and it looks like great fun!
WHERE: Orland Park Toys ”R” Us Parking Lot (45 Orland Square Dr., Orland Park, IL 60462) WHEN: July 23 & 24, 2016 from 10:00 AM – 5:30 PM
The event is FREE, but participants are highly encouraged to pre-register in advance on the Quest2NINJAGO tour site: LEGO.com/Quest2NINJAGO. There are some limited walk-on slots.
We are going to compete on Sunday with a school friend. Our team is THE ROCKETS! Wish us luck!